A story writing blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Focus on the girl.

My name's Thomas. I am writing my first movie. I post everything as I go and collect it all HERE. Or look around a little, I've written shows, shorts, and articles all up in this blog before tackling this movie script business.

Douglas and Abby were madly in love. Douglas had just moved into her beautiful family home in the country, they were happy. Until one day she accused him of mutilating and violating her dolls and writing psychotic messages all over the walls. Douglas is pretty sure he didn't do that. Abby seems absolutely sure that he did. 
Here's today's page:



EXT - ABBY'S DAD'S HOUSE

Abby's car pulls into a small driveway outside of a modest one floor house. Inside the car she collects her things, before reaching for the door handle Abby stops herself and pulls down the overhead mirror. She see's her scar, it's looking more pronounced than before. The makeup has worn off a little. She starts to touch it up with some powder she takes from her bag.


HONK!

The sound of a carhorn behind her startles Abby, powder is flung into the air. Filling her lungs. She starts to choke and quickly exits the car.

BRYCE
Abby!

Bryce emerges from the truck behind Abby's and runs to her. 

BRYCE
Are you ok?

ABIGAIL
Yeah, pffffffffffttt...
That horn just made me jump and I got makeup in my mouth.

BRYCE
My fault. I am sorry.

ABIGAIL
It's ok.

Abigail hugs him.

ABIGAIL
Thank you so much for coming.

BRYCE
Of course Abby but...I don't think you should be doing this.

ABIGAIL
I knowww. My dad keep's saying that.

BRYCE
Your dad might be right.

ABIGAIL
My dad hasn't slept since I've been staying here. He stays up all night, everytime a car's headlights pass by he has to look out the window. If I want things to go back to normal then things have to go back to normal.

BRYCE
Yeah but...

ABIGAIL
I haven't heard from him in weeks, and we changed the locks. 

BRYCE
I don't like it.

ABIGAIL
I need to go home. 


Bryce can see that she means it. 

Off camera a door swings open. The pair turns to see Abigail's father Richard. He has a concerned look in his face.

INT - RICHARDS HOUSE

Inside Richard's small home boxes are everywhere, they're being filled by Abigail and Bryce. Richard isn't helping, he's actively trying to get her to stay.

RICHARD
One more week!

ABIGAIL
Will one more week actually make me any safer?

RICHARD
Yes! 

ABIGAIL
Ok. I get it, I am scared to go back too but I have to. I haven't been alone in weeks. I need to be by myself, I need to be somewhere where I can just cry and process everything that happened. I need to go home.

Richard relents.

RICHARD
I am going to be checking on you, keeping an eye out for anything. I'll drive past every couple hours,

ABIGAIL
You don't need to do that.

RICHARD
It's happening.

BRYCE
Abby?

Abigail turns her attention back to Bryce.

BRYCE
I think we're good here, I think we can get this in one trip.

Abby gives her father one last reassuring look before picking up her box and heading out the door.

On the drive up the men keep suspicious eyes on every car that passes.

INT - ABIGAIL'S HOUSE

Inside the house Abby waits with the boxes in the front hallway, Richard and Bryce are going through the house. They look under every bed and inside every closet. Bryce rushes back up from the basement holding his nose.

ABIGAIL
Told you.

Bryce takes a second to catch his breath.

BRYCE
I didn't see anything down there. Shelves, a cot, Christmas decorations, lots of garbage.

Richard emerges from one of the rooms and comes down the stairs.

RICHARD
I think we should do one more sweep, you check all the rooms I checked and I'll check yours.

ABIGAIL
You both looked everywhere. I saw you look underneath the dresser. He's not a hamster; dad.

RICHARD
Just for tonight maybe I should stay on the couch.

ABIGAIL
I love you dad. No.

RICHARD
Then let him.

BRYCE
I don't mind.

ABIGAIL
Thank you. But no. Please.

Bryce and Richard share a concerned but defeated look. Eventually both giving Abigail a strong hug and well wishes before departing. Abigail closes the door, alone in the house for the first time since the attack.

INT - ABIGAIL'S BEDROOM

Abigail settles into her bed, it's dark and very quiet. She's visibly nervous.

She hears a car approach, the sound startles her and she jumps out of bed and heads to the window. She's shaking. 

As the car pulls around the dark corner she feels relief when she recognizes that it belongs to Richard. Her dad's doing just what he said, he's keeping watch. She heads back to bed and forces her eyes closed. 

Darkness.

...CONT'D

No comments:

Post a Comment