A story writing blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Everyone is against you.

I am writing my first movie...kinda winging it.

Brief Synopsis:
  
'Douglas wakes up one morning confronted by his girlfriend accusing him of tearing apart and molesting her favorite dolls. She thinks he did it, he thinks she did it. WTF?'

Here's everything so far:

http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html 




INT - GRANT'S LIVING ROOM  - MORNING

Grant is passed out in his chair, beer bottles are all over the table in front of him. Douglas is sitting up, he's been awake all night. The morning sun is just starting to set.

Douglas has been up waiting, when the sun breaks he can't wait anymore. He gets up and takes the car keys from off of the table in front on Grant and makes his way out the front door. Outside the truck is parked haphazardly, half on the driveway and half on the front lawn. The back of the truck is smashed in, the bumper is dangling. Douglas pays it no mind, he climbs in and starts the engine, the bumper drags along the ground as he pulls away.

It's a long drive to Abagail's house outside the city, it takes a nervous hour and a half for him to finally reach the lonely turnoff onto Abagail's road. When his car makes the turn Douglas notices a police car pull up behind him. Soon he's flanked on either side by police cruisers demanding him to pull over. When Douglas complies he's told to get out of his vehicle.


POLICE OFFICER
STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE WITH YOUR ARMS RAISED.

Douglas
What did I do???

POLICE OFFICER
STEP OUT NOW!

Douglas steps out of his truck and is immediately tackled and hand cuffed, he's violently picked up and thrown into the back of the police car.

INT - POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM

Douglas looks exhausted, he's sitting in a chair being grilled by a no nonsense cop. 

COP
Last night Abagail was attacked in her room while she slept.

DOUGLAS
What?

COP
Last night after you had your altercation with her and her father where you were asked to leave for doing...unsavory acts, she was left alone in her house where she claims someone hit her in her sleep.

DOUGLAS
Her father left her alone???

COP
He's the one who found her the next morning, with a broken eye socket and a mild concussion.

DOUGLAS
How could she do that to herself?

COP
Herself? 

DOUGLAS
She's sick. You have to help her.

COP
We are helping her. Infact we're looking at the prime suspect in this assault right now.

DOUGLAS
I wasn't there!

COP
No, according to your statement you were with your friend Grant all night. Yet when we found you, you were alone speeding towards Abagail's house.

DOUGLAS
Its still my home. All my stuff's there.

COP
Any dispute over your belongings is between you, her and the courts. The property belongs to Abagail, any attempt to access her property will be considered an intrusion.

DOUGLAS
Where's Abagail?

COP
Do you think I am going to give you that information. We're going to serve your with a restraining order that says you have to stay at least 50 feet away from her at all times. 

Douglas can't process all this information, his life has utterly crumbled in the last 24 hours. It shows.

COP
I will let you know that she's going to be ok. She's very shaken, she's very scared of you but she's going to be ok. We're here to make sure of it.

DOUGLAS
If you really think I did it then why don't you just arrest me already?

COP
The only reason you aren't in one of those cells right now is because she didn't see her attacker.

DOUGLAS
Are you sure there was an attacker?

COP
Are you asking me if I think she broke her own orbital bone and then went back to bed?
(he stares hard at Douglas)
No. I don't think that. I think you did it, I think you have a key, I think you came back in the middle of the night and I think you hit her with something with the intention to kill her.

DOUGLAS
But I'd know I am the most obvious suspect. You really think anyone could be that stupid?

COP
Not stupid. Like you said, sick.

DOUGLAS
What now?

COP
Like I told you, we don't have enough evidence to press charges. You can go.

Douglas stands up to be let out of the room.

COP
Make sure your leave your new address with our detectives before you leave, and make sure you never go anywhere near that girl or her house again. I am serious.

DOUGLAS
How do I get my things?

COP
Call a lawyer.

A buzzer sounds and the door out of the room opens, Douglas leaves. Still trying to process everything that's taken place. He's led out the front door back to his truck.

Cont'd...

No comments:

Post a Comment