A story writing blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Ouch...

I am at aboouuuuut the quarter mark of my first movie script, so far my rough plotting has worked out pacing wise. That surprises me, I thought I'd screw that up more.

Brief Synopsis:
  
'Douglas wakes up one morning confronted by his girlfriend accusing him of tearing apart and molesting her favorite dolls. She thinks he did it, he thinks she did it. WTF?'

Here's everything so far:

http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html  


Douglas gets into his truck and drives. He has nowhere to go, he lost his home and his woman who he's worried sick about but can't go near for risk of being thrown in jail. He punches his steering wheel, he screams and he cries. 

INT - A DINGY BAR - MID-DAY

Douglas sits slumped in a bar stool, his nose bandaged sloppily, he's drunk. The bar he's in is a dive, the kind of bar you can walk into at 11 am and get drunk with a group of sad strangers in. A sombre tune plays in the background. Douglas sits; his eyes staring forward but vacant, locked on something unseen. He's lost in his thoughts, playing the last few days over and over in his head. His empty drink is refilled.

INT - A DINGY BAR -EVENING

Douglas is in the same spot hours later. Douglas' eyes sit fixated on a payphone in the corner. 

INT - ABIGAIL'S HOUSE

Abigail is sitting at her coffee table, she's not alone. The police weren't lying, her face has suffered a fracture. Her eye is blackened and her cheek is swollen but in that typical Abby way, she still looks cute. Her phone rings, unknown caller. She knows it's Douglas, she tenses and then answers against her better judgement.

Silence.

DOUGLAS
Abby?

ABIGAIL
Why are you calling me?

DOUGLAS
What do you mean why am I calling you? 
Two days ago we were in bed together. Our bed.

ABIGAIL
The police told you not to contact me.

DOUGLAS
They told me you got attacked.
 Abby what happened?

Abigail doesn't answer.

DOUGLAS
Abby how did you get hit?

Abigail doesn't answer. 

DOUGLAS
Abby they think it's me. Can we please talk?

ABIGAIL
No Douglas. I don't ever want to see you again.

DOUGLAS
DON'T SAY THAT. Abby, god damn it. We both know it isn't ME who hit you last night.

ABIGAIL
...what?

DOUGLAS
I love you so much Abby. How could you honestly believe I'd hit you? You KNOW I didn't. You know it.

ABIGAIL
Stay away from me.

DOUGLAS
I CAN'T Abby. You're sick and you're hurting yourself.

Abigail starts to shake. A voice calls to her.

DOUGLAS
Is that your dad?

ABIGAIL
Its Bryce. Bryce is with me, he's here to keep me safe from you.

Douglas falls silent.

ABIGAIL
You were my biggest mistake. I was so wrong about you. I am glad I found out when I did, now I want to forget you. I never want to see you again.

Abigail hangs up. Douglas holds the phone to his ear in stunned silence until the dial tone stops.

Cont'd...


No comments:

Post a Comment