A story writing blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

My First Movie Script Is About A Guy Who's Girlfriend Thinks He Wants To Kill Her, But He Loves Her. It's Complicated.


I took a long break from this blog, as it turns out coming up with a movie to write can take a while. Months actually. It's a huge project to tackle, in terms of work load it's like writing three essays back to back. I know I have to do it though. Its something I've always wanted to do, I kind of feel like I need to. Still though, as motivated as I felt to get a script started it still took several frustrating weeks before I settled on an idea (my fifth actually) that I was confident enough with. All my other idea I picked apart, with this one though the more thought I gave it the more I came up with ideas to add to it. I set out to write a romantic comedy and I ended up with an idea for a "Romantic Comedy Horror Thriller". I am calling it "I am Not a Weirdo"

 I'm using this blog to write it. It's my first movie script. I am starting now.


"I AM NOT A WEIRDO"
by Thomas Holler


EXT - OUTSIDE ABIGALE'S HOUSE


Outside of a large, old house a moving van is being unloaded. The house is all white with old brick, old architecture and even old creepy statues scattered along the property. It's a very old house. On the truck two men are unloading the last of some boxes, the older of the two is Abigale's father Richard, he's being helped by Abigale's close friend Bryce. On the walkway to the house two more men have stopped. Douglas and Grant, both have boxes in their hands. Both have stopped dead in their tracks and are staring, eyebrows furled at one of the unnerving statues along the walkway. They stand face to face with an especially creepy statue.


GRANT
God...I bet as soon as night falls these things are coming alive and trying to kill you.

DOUGLAS
Don't put that in my head.

GRANT
So Abby lived here when she was a kid? These things must have given her nightmares.

DOUGLAS
Nah, my girl doesn't get nightmares. She smiles when she sleeps.

Abigale sneaks up behind them while they're inspecting the statue.

ABIGALE
(sarcastically)
Yeah so those boxes actually go inside the house.

DOUGLAS
Sorry Munchkin. We were meeting the neighbors.

Grant pics up his box and heads inside.

ABIGALE
Oooo...want me to introduce you. This is Bert and that's Ernie and Crispy over there. I named them when I was really little...obviously.

DOUGLAS
You were a brave kid, huh?

ABIGALE
Actually all of these statues used to scare me when I was a kid. 

DOUGLAS
Yeah (duh).

ABIGALE
But then my dad told me these were here to guard the house. They keep badguys away.

RICHARD
We'll see about that. 

Richard shoots Douglas a snarky look to go along with his snide remark as he walks past with the last of the boxes.

ABIGALE
He hasn't really warmed to you moving in here with me.

DOUGLAS
Oh, I noticed.

ABIGALE
I am his little girl and this is our family house, it means a lot to him.

DOUGLAS
He gave it to you.

ABIGALE
I know. He knows. Just give it time, let him get used to it.

Bryce politely walks up behind Abigale.

BRYCE
Hey, Abby. The truck's unloaded, I was actually thinking about getting going.

ABIGALE
Nooooo. Stay! I have to pay you back with pizza for helping me. 

BRYCE
(smiles)
Thanks but how about you owe me. Buy me lunch on Monday.

ABIGALE
Deal. 

The two hug.

ABIGALE
Thank you. You're the best.

DOUGLAS
It was nice meeting you Bryce. Thanks for helping out.

Bryce moves in, the two shake hands and lock eyes.

DOUGLAS
Appreciate it.

BRYCE
Don't mention it. Nice meeting you.

Bryce heads off to his car. Douglas picks up his box and heads inside with Abigale. Bryce looks back. The front door closes. The statues stay still.


...CONT'D

Alright, as far as first pages go I am happy with it. I've already introduced every major character. Success.


-APE-

No comments:

Post a Comment