A story writing blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I FINISHED MY MOVIE SCRIPT

Man, I haven't done this in a while. Feels weird, I kind of forget the layout...anyway, back to blogging.

The short explanation for why I haven't posted in so long is that after I converted everything I'd written so far in to a script program, I found that I couldn't copy and paste my work here without all these formatting errors and that was annoying so I decided not to bother.

I kept writing though. I will say this, writing a movie is very hard. If you're someone out there who has decided to write their first script then expect to struggle. Expect to feel like a bum. Writing isn't typing, writing is sitting on your couch staring at a wall and listening to music until an idea hits you. It feels unproductive and all your instincts will tell you to quit and stop wasting your time.

It's not fun, its work. If you're still driven to see your idea through then just keep at it. Remember that even if you're just writing a paragraph everyday then you're slowing getting it finished. Just keep coming back to it, make it a habit, hold yourself accountable. Grind it out and you WILL finish, and when you do it feels pretty cool.

So my script is finished.

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment