A story writing blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

TOM WRITES A MOVIE: Swear and talk it out.

I've been writing my first movie (http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html).

Each blog entry I ad about a page to it, here's today's installment:


INT - NIGHT - GRANT'S LIVING ROOM

Grant helps Douglas get to the couch where he collapses. Grant tosses him a washcloth to clean himself up with, he heads into the kitchen to get first-aid supplies. Douglas starts to wipe the blood from his face, wincing in pain as he does. Grant re-enters with the first-aid kit, he puts it on the table in front of Douglas and sits down. He struggles to find the right words to say. What do you say to someone who just has his life torn apart?


GRANT
We'll go back. We'll give it some time, let her calm down. Then we'll go back.

Douglas doesn't respond. 

GRANT
Should we call the police.

DOUGLAS.
They'll believe her.

GRANT
I don't even know what we'd tell them. I don't know what this is. What is this?

DOUGLAS
I don't know! I don't know what happened.

GRANT
You didn't see this coming at all?

DOUGLAS
THIS? Did I see THIS happening?

GRANT
Or any indication that something was wrong with her?

DOUGLAS
Nothing's wrong with her. Something happened. She's sick. Maybe she was always sick and never told me. Maybe she was on medication, maybe she stopped taking it.

GRANT
 Wouldn't her dad have known if she needed medication?

DOUGLAS
He probably does.

GRANT
Then why wouldn't he have told you?

DOUGLAS
Because he's s piece of fucking shit.

Douglas's face begins to bleed again as he gets more animated.

DOUGLAS
FUCK!

Grant gets up and leaves the frame, the shot stays tight on Douglas, in the background we hear Grant going though the fridge. He comes back with two cans of beer and hands one to Douglas. Douglas presses the cold can to his swollen face.

GRANT
I am sorry man. I don't know what to say.

DOUGLAS
 ...Fucking dolls.

GRANT
Why do you think she'd do that? What would compel someone to create a scene like that? 

DOUGLAS
You should have seen her face, that's when I knew she wasn't well. The look in her eyes. She really thinks I did that, she's scared of me.

GRANT
You know what the means? She woke up sometime in the night while you were sleeping and crept into the other room, then she tore apart all her dolls, tore apart the whole room, wrote violent things all over the wall, did...sexual things with those dolls and then waited for you to wake up so she could act like she thought you did it.

DOUGLAS
She wasn't acting. She really thinks I did it.

GRANT
That's even scarier Douglas.

Cont'd...

No comments:

Post a Comment