A story writing blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Gun face.

Ok, tomorrow's project is to write a solid two or three sentence synopsis for this thriller I am writing so I can actually sell you on clicking HERE and getting all caught up to today's post (below).

Or don't. To be honest I don't expect you to. As long as I keep posting I'll eventually have finished my first movie script though. It's pretty dope too.

Not at all sorry that I googled 'gun face'.

INT - ABIGAIL'S KITCHEN.

Richard is sitting at Abigail's table, he's staring contemplatively into his coffee mug. 


RICHARD
I wish I'd killed him.

ABIGAIL
Don't say that.

Abigail is sitting with her father, Bryce is leaning against a wall with coffee in hand.

RICHARD
I wish it wasn't so damn dark that night, I couldn't see him. 

ABIGAIL
Thank god. You'd still be in jail if you hit him. 

RICHARD
I would have gone to jail for the rest of my life just to know that piece of shit wasn't going to be out there anymore.

ABIGAIL
Don't say that! He's not worth it.

RICHARD
That judge made me sick. Letting him lie like that.
I should go find him.

ABIGAIL
No! He just got out of jail and there's a restraining order against him now. He can't come here.

RICHARD
You think that sick bastard cares about a restraining order?

Richard looks up at Bryce.

RICHARD
I am coming with you.

ABIGAIL
You can't!

RICHARD
To hell with that.

BRYCE
I am with Abby, you two can't be anywhere near each other.

ABIGAIL
Dad, just stay away. You're not going back to jail because of him!

BRYCE
I have his things all packed, I won't be there long.

ABIGAIL
What if he won't come to the door?

BRYCE
Then I'll leave his stuff on his front lawn.

RICHARD
You're taking a gun.

BRYCE
No. Thank you.

RICHARD
If you don't want me coming with you then you're taking a gun. 

BRYCE
I am not planning on needing one Richard.

RICHARD
No one does. 

Bryce nods the comment off and puts his cup in the sink. 

BRYCE
I think I am going to head out.

ABIGAIL
Now? It's 9 am.

BRYCE
 Yeah, and hopefully he'll still be sleeping. 

EXT - DRIVEWAY - BRYCES U-HAUL

Abigail hands Bryce the last of Douglas' things. The finality of it brings a tear to her eye, Bryce notices but says nothing. Before Bryce can get into the truck Richard corners him and shoves a gun into Bryce's hands. Bryce takes the gun and tucks it in his waistband. He gives Richard a knowing nod.

BRYCE
Abby, this will be behind us soon.

She puts on a smile, Bryce shuts the door and drives off with the last of Douglas packed in his truck.

Cont'd...


No comments:

Post a Comment