A story writing blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: All dialogue...blah blah blah.

Douglas and Abigail are in love. Then one morning Douglas finds Abigail standing in the hallway, trembling and terrified. She's standing beside a room. She thinks he did something. Something only a psycho would do.
That's the idea behind the script I am writing, it's my first. I post as I go. Down there is today's entry, all the rest can be found right HERE.



Cont'd...

The officer sees himself out, leaving Abigail and Bryce alone. Abigail is staring into dead space, in thought. Bryce lets her have her silence.

ABIGAIL
I want a gun.

BRYCE
What?

ABIGAIL
I need a gun.

BRYCE
Abby. He's in jail.

ABIGAIL
He won't always be.

BRYCE
He has a restraining order against him now. He can't come anywhere near you.

ABIGAIL
 He's crazy! He doesn't care. Bryce I am not moving, so he's always going to know where I live.

BRYCE
Maybe we should just move you back to your fathers. Just for a bit.

ABIGAIL
Fucking asshole.

BRYCE
Sorry?

ABIGAIL
Douglas. Not pressing charges against my dad, I know what he's doing. He's manipulating me. He's trying to get me to trust him. Piece of shit.

BRYCE
Abby?

ABIGAIL
What?

BRYCE
That night, when Douglas was in your house. What do you think he wanted?

ABIGAIL
Honestly? I think he wanted to kill me.

BRYCE
I don't get why he told you to call the police.

ABIGAIL
Because I scared him. I saw him before he could get me.

BRYCE
Did he look scared?

ABIGAIL
Yeah. I caught his ass and he knew it. So he made up some bullshit story and ran.

BRYCE
If he came here to hurt you then why not hurt you? When you started screaming, why run? Why not attack?

ABIGAIL
What the hell are you saying? 

BRYCE
I am just thinking.

ABIGAIL
What? Someone else was here and poor Douglas was just trying to save me from the dark figure?

BRYCE
No. No! This isn't a movie. Real life doesn't have twists like that. Your ex-fiance actually IS just one of those sick stalkers you read about, that's why this is happening. That's the only reason this is happening.

ABIGAIL
I need a gun.

BRYCE
We'll talk to your father when he gets out. If you still want one, he has lots. 

Abigail give him a half smile.

BRYCE
I am sorry Abby.

ABIGAIL
Wht? It's not your fault.

Con't...

No comments:

Post a Comment