A story writing blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tom's Still Writing A Romantic Comedy


Back to it.

Audrey up there is here to remind me that I am writing a romantic comedy, the other day I tried writing some relationship dialogue for the first time in my life. I jumped right into the middle of my movie and wrote the scene where the couple has their key fight, today I am going to try writing something a little earlier in the relationship when things are new and everything's all roses.

I am going to just jump in right in the middle of a conversation:

Once again, my Rom Com idea:
Brandon is madly in love with his girlfriend Mika and is finally invited to meet her friends, he hopes he can win them over because he knows how much they mean to her. He can't. At the diner party he clashes with every single one of them, by the end of the night Brandon can honestly say he genuinely hates every single one of them and he knows the feeling is mutual. Mika's friends mean the world to her and Brandon feels a distance growing between them as she's forced to constantly choose between her boyfriend and her friends. Brandon decides to right his wrong by winning over the affections of a group of people he absolutely can't stand, who absolutely can't stand him.

Mika
Why are you staring at me?

Brandon
Because I am not gay.

Mika
You want to explain those sandals to me then?

Brandon
It's called summer.

Mika
It's called those are girl sandals.

Brandon
It's called there's no way these are made for girls if they fit me.

Mika
What size are your feet?

Brandon
9

Mika
OMG your feet are tiny.

Brandon
What? Size 9 is normal for a guy.

Mika
No way, I am women's size 8 and I think my feet are bigger than yours.

Brandon
ok, feet to feet.

They press their feet together to compare size. 

Brandon
Congratulations your feet are huge.

Mika laughs

Brandon
Do you want to take a walk with me?

Mika
In those sandles?
Sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment