A story writing blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Go back and fix crap.

So I finally read over what I have so far, I feel like I am missing a scene. I need something to help build up this tension that's set to boil over between my couple.

Hence, today's page. I'll sandwich it in somewhere near the beginning.



INT - KITCHEN

A pot boils on the stove.

DOUGLAS
Ok, throw them in.

Abby is holding two large lobsters.

ABBY
I am having second thoughts.

Douglas laughs.

DOUGLAS
I knew this was going to happen. I told you in the store. I knew you'd bond with them by the time we got home.

ABBY
Arrrrgggg...I really want lobster too.

Abby looks at the two lobsters, all tied up and at her mercy. 

ABBY
Uggg...why did I name them?

DOUGLAS
Why don't you give them to me and leave the room.

ABBY
Nooooo. I know what you're going to do with them.

DOUGLAS
I am going to cook them. That's why we bought them Abby, you were so excited in the store.

ABBY
I knowwwwwww...I am being weird. 

DOUGLAS
Can I have them?

ABBY
No.

Douglas's body language registers frustration but on him face is a big smile. He can't get mad at that.

DOUGLAS
You know we can't keep two pet lobsters, right? They would just die anyway Abby.

ABBY
Why can't we just let them go? We can take them to the lake.

DOUGLAS
Abbbbbbbyyyyyyy...this is adorable but I really don't want to do that. This was my dinner too, I was excited.

ABBY
 But think about how mean that is. Peter and Pepper will thank us, we can save them. It'll be like a Disney movie. The first half of the movie will be about how they got caught and forced to survive in that aquarium at the restaurant. Watching their friends being chosen and then eaten in front of them. 

DOUGLAS
This is dark.

ABBY
Yeah! And then it gets really dark when a young couple comes into the restaurant and chooses both of them. At least they get to die together; they think.

DOUGLAS
Jeez.

ABBY
But then at the last minute the couple looks at them and see's how in love they are and how scared, so they decide to let them go. They give them a  new life in a beautiful lake with lots of food. All because they had a last minute change of heart.

DOUGLAS
I am not sold. Do you even know for sure they they're a boy and girl?

Abby doesn't.

ABBY
(unconvincingly)
Yes.

DOUGLAS
Abby you're cute. But I want to eat these guys.

ABBY
Oh come on. You love animals as much as I do.

DOUGLAS
Yeah?

ABBY
And I don't see you being able to eat Petey and Pepper, now that...

Douglas takes them away from Abby and puts them right into the boiling pot in one cold motion.

DOUGLAS
Wanna bet?

Abby is shocked. She can't believe that Douglas could be that callous. 

The pot screams.

INT - THE KITCHEN TABLE

Douglas as Abby sit across from each other at the table, not speaking. Douglas is enjoying his lobster, Abby hasn't touched hers.

Cont'd...


No comments:

Post a Comment