A story writing blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Exposition.

Ok back to it. So for all of the none of you that actually read this here's what I am doing.

I am writing my first movie.

Brief Synopsis:
  
'Douglas wakes up one morning confronted by his girlfriend accusing him of tearing apart and molesting her favorite dolls. She thinks he did it, he thinks she did it. WTF?'

Here's everything so far:

http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html 


INT - GRANT'S LIVING ROOM

Douglas wakes up on Grant's couch. His head is pounding, his eyes are bloodshot, he's disheveled, hungover. It hurts to move. Douglas fumbled around at the coffee table in front of him, it's littered with garbage. He finds a half empty bottle of water and downs it, he managed to get to a sitting position. He sits, holding his head and breathing heavily for a minute before trying to stand up. Douglas struggles to his feet.

Standing up now Douglas can see out the window into the front yard, his truck is parked right in the middle of Grant's front lawn. Grant's garden doesn't look so good.


DOUGLAS
Shit.

GRANT
Yeah shit.

Douglas turns to see Grant, he's carrying a cup of coffee.

GRANT
Drink some fucking coffee. Idiot. 

DOUGLAS
I am sorry.

GRANT
What the fuck were you doing driving last night?

DOUGLAS
I don't know. 

GRANT
DRINK!

Douglas drinks his coffee, his takes a seat. 

GRANT
What happened?

DOUGLAS
I went home. I went to Abby. I got arrested, they told me she got attacked last night. They think it's me. She has a broken eye socket.

GRANT
The..........seriously?

DOUGLAS
She didn't see her attacker. 

GRANT
It's hard to see imaginary people.

DOUGLAS
How would she even do that? Break her own eye socket?

GRANT
She punched herself.

DOUGLAS
Hard enough to break the socket?

GRANT
Maybe she hit herself with something, or she threw herself into a wall. 

DOUGLAS
She hits herself in the face with like...a rock, then she gets back in bed and waits for someone to find her? Why?

GRANT
I don't know. 

DOUGLAS
Are we really thinking she's that far gone?

GRANT
...I don't know.


 Douglas's leg bounces with nervous anxiety. 

DOUGLAS
I talked to her. 

GRANT
Really? When?

DOUGLAS
I called her from the bar. She said I was a mistake.
 Bryce is with her.

GRANT
Well...She's his problem now.

DOUGLAS
FUCK YOU!

GRANT
I am sorry dude. I know this sucks, in fact this is honestly the shittiest thing I've ever heard but seriously, I don't want you going back to her. 

DOUGLAS
FUCK YOU! We were laying in bed together only a couple days ago. I was planning to marry her. You think I can just turn that off and say "Ah fuck it, let Bryce have her. She's crazy"? You think I can let this go? She BROKE her fucking EYE!

Grant has no response.

CONT'D

No comments:

Post a Comment