A story writing blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

TOM WRITES A MOVIE: Add Tedium

I've been working on this script: 

http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html 

I've written other scripts which you can see all over this blog but this is my first feature length script attempt. The idea is that I write a page a day (but who am I kidding), I blog each page as I go because this way I feel more of a push to actually do it. Its easier than staring at a word document. If no one ever reads this blog (as I expect) then it doesn't matter, at the end of this I'll have a movie script written. For the record, I have no idea what you do with a finished movie script, that's a later Thomas's problem. Here's today's page:




INT - DOUGLAS IS RUNNING UP SOME DARKLY LIT STAIRS

Douglas is racing up the dimly lit stairs leading to the basement, his face is red and turning purple. He makes it to the top of the stairs and bursts through the door. Loudly inhaling fresh oxygen the first chance he gets.


DOUGLAS
5 seconds! New record!

ABIGAILE
Omg close the door, you're letting the smell in here. 

Douglas kicks closed the basement door and drops the box on the floor. Abby opens the box and digs around inside, pulling out some old dolls.

ABIGAILE
Yay!

DOUGLAS
That's what you sent me down there to get?

ABIGAIL
I am thinking about putting some of these up on the shelf in the guest room. Just to jazz it up a little.

DOUGLAS
God help whoever stays in that guest room. 

ABIGAIL
What do you mean?

DOUGLAS
Those dolls are going to come alive and straight up murder whoever's in that room with them.

She hold up a stuffed rabbit.

ABIGAIL
Mr. Crayon isn't a murderer. 

 Douglas pulls out of the box a particularly creepy looking doll.

DOUGLAS
This one most certainly is.

ABIGAIL
That's Patty Pancakes and yeah, I wouldn't turn my back on her. 

DOUGLAS
What guests are we expecting anyway?

ABIGAIL
Your parents? When are they going to come see the place?

DOUGLAS
They'll fly out once we're more settled. Is your dad thinking of staying here.

ABIGAIL 
No way. Not with you living here.

DOUGLAS
Phewwww...

ABIGAIL
Bryce might spend a weekend down here this month.

DOUGLAS
With his girlfriend?

ABIGAIL
No girlfriend. You can invite Grant down.

DOUGLAS
Or we can go somewhere. We can get out of this house for a while, we've been cooped up. It's making us both crazy.

ABIGAIL
I want to but I can't take a whole weekend off.

DOUGLAS
One night then. Tonight.

ABIGALE
I want to get dressed up!

DOUGLAS
Ok, where do dressed up people go?

ABIGALE
There are so many nice places on the pier, we can go for a walk along the water after, it's so beautiful out.

DOUGLAS
Should I assume I can get REALLY good fish down by the pier?

ABIGALE
(excitedly)
Oh MY God!

DOUGLAS
Go get dressed up PrettyGirl.


Abby leans in and kisses Douglas before springing out of the room and up the stairs, he adorable enthusiasm brings a smile to his face. That smile disappears when he looks down to the doll he's holding, it's Patty Pancakes. Her corpselike eyes look back at him.

Cont'd...




No comments:

Post a Comment