A story writing blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Something messed up needs to happen.

I've been working on this movie (http://tcqscripts.blogspot.ca/2014/12/i-am-not-weirdo.html). Each blog entry I ad a page, here's today's installment:


INT - BEDROOM - NIGHT

Abigail and Douglas are in bed, it's dark. The two lovers spoon. It's very, very quiet.

INT - BEDROOM - MORNING

Douglas wakes up alone. He gets to his feet and puts on some clothes, he looks around the room. He's very aware of Abigail's absence. He step out of the bedroom to see Abigail standing at the end of the long hallway. She's just come out of the guestroom and she's holding something. She's trembling, he sees tears in her eyes.

ABIGAIL
Why are you doing this?

DOUGLAS
Abby?

ABIGAIL
Why Douglas?!
Why did you do that?

DOUGLAS
What did I do???

ABIGAIL
ARE YOU SICK? Am I supposed to laugh at this? Did you think it would be funny? PLEASE tell me you thought this would be funny.

DOUGLAS
Abby you're scaring me. I didn't do anything!

Abigale throws what appears to be the leg of a doll at Douglas.

ABIGAIL
Stop saying that!

DOUGLAS
I don't know what this is!

ABIGAIL
You're sick. You're sick! YOU'RE SICK!!!

Douglas is panicking, he sees the open door beside Abigail and moves for it. She jumps back, that she was afraid of him just then gives him a moment's pause before he continues through the door. Inside the room Abigail's dolls have been torn apart and arranged in sick, deranged sexual positions. Strange writing is everywhere, violent things. Douglas' face goes white.

DOUGLAS
Abby...what is this?

ABIGAIL
...what?

DOUGLAS
Did you do this?

ABIGAIL
WHAT? You sick bastard!

Abigail attacks Douglas, Douglas pushes her off.

DOUGLAS
Abby stop! Please! Please!

ABIGAIL
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? 

DOUGLAS
ABIGAIL YOU'RE SCARING ME! I don't know what this is. Will you please talk to me? 

ABIGAIL
What do you mean you don't know? Stop saying that! Douglas stop saying that! You did that!

Douglas takes a step back, he's trying to defuse the situation before it explodes and he loses her forever.
 
DOUGLAS
Calm down, baby. Please. 

ABIGAIL
I am freaking out right now Douglas.

DOUGLAS
I know...maybe we can call a doctor. We can get help. I think we need help.

ABIGAIL
We? We need help? We?

DOUGLAS
Abby...

ABIGAIL
Get out. Get out.

DOUGLAS
Abby let me stay and we'll figure this out!

ABIGAIL
I need you gone! I don't feel safe around you right now. I need you gone.

Tears stream down her face.

ABIGAIL
Please.

DOUGLAS
I am scared to leave you alone.

ABIGAIL
I am scared of you.

That crushed Douglas.

ABIGAIL
I need you to go.

Douglas hesitates, this is the hardest decision he's ever been faced with. He backs away.

DOUGLAS
I love you.

Douglas goes to leave. 

DOUGLAS
I am going to get help. I am going to go get help and them come right back. Please be here. I love you Abby. Please..we can fix this.

She's cold to his pleas. He takes his keys and he leaves. Once out the door he sprints to his truck. Abigail is left alone in the house.

...Cont'd


No comments:

Post a Comment