A story writing blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tom's Rom-Com


To follow along with this story you can either scroll down a couple entries and read parts 1 and 2 or click HERE.

Con'd... 
 
Andy's sits up on the couch and picks up his phone. The light of the screen softly illuminates his face against the dark of the room. Andy takes a closer look at Cassie's profile, he glances through her profile and smiles. He flips through her pictures and smiles even harder. He looks at her message.

CASSIE
(text)
Hey. I am Cassie how are you?

NARRATOR/ANDY: This chick has to be fake, right? Beautiful women aren't sitting around on a Saturday night messaging strangers are they? They're supposed to be out, having strangers buy them drinks and throw themselves at them all night. I am being catfished, I know it. I shouldn't even bother responding...on the other hand those pictures...

ANDY
(text)
I am good, I am just chilling with friends. What about you?

CASSIE
(text)
I am just watching a movie right now with my friend. I was supposed to go to a club but we decided not to. Thank god!

ANDY
(text)
Why?

CASSIE
(text)
I hate clubs :)

NARRATOR/ANDY: Marry me. 

ANDY
(text)
Marry me.

CASSIE
(text)
Haha. K. 

ANDY
(text)
What are you watching?

CASSIE
(text)
Archer. Have you seen it?

NARRATOR/ANDY: Oh my god, I love her already. If this girl ends up being some dude then I am going to kill him.

ANDY
(text)
Love it!
Cassie?

CASSIE
(text)
What?

ANDY
CASSSSIE?

CASSIE
(text)
:) What???

ANDY
(text)
CASSSSSSSSSSSSSIEEEEEEEEE???

CASSIE
(text)
LOL Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

ANDY
(text)
Danger zoneeeee.

CASSIE
(text)
HAHAHA OMG. LOL. YES!

NARRATOR/ANDY: Yeahhhhh, you kind of had to watch Archer to get that one but trust me, it was funny. AND SHE GOT IT! I made a dorky, obscure reference to an episode she may or may not have seen and she actually got it. She LOL'd. 

CASSIE
(text)
Haha. I don't want to keep you from your friends so I'll let you go. I just wanted to say hi.
Talk later? 

ANDY
(text)
Definitely

The phone fades back to black and the room falls dark again, Andy is alone and it's quiet. The soft light of the room just illuminates enough of Andy's face to see that the smile on his face still hasn't faded as he falls back to the couch.

Cont'd
 
-APE-



No comments:

Post a Comment