A story writing blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

UTURN - I Rewrote 'House Arrested: The Dick Pic' - This Post My Offend


I rewrote this Dick Pic comedy script almost completely. You can scroll down to past entries to see where it started from and compare it to this version, it'll give you an idea of how drastically different early drafts of scripts are from final drafts.

The best part about being finished this is that I don't have to write the term "dick pic" anymore, the worst part is that I'll probably see a drop in views now that I am not saying the term "dick pic" anymore. Look over to the right of this column to see the most popular posts I've put up...do you see how high that other "dick pic" post is on that list? I'd say 90% of the people who found that post using a search engine did NOT find what they were looking for.

Here's my final script. 

House Arrested: The show that takes place in a house where all the tenants are sociopathic criminals under house arrest being watched over by the stern Officer Karp.

 
SCENE 1 - INT - KITCHEN TABLE

An officer is sitting at a kitchen table with 5 men, all of them have on blinking ankle monitors. Andre (a large black man), Conrad (Caucasian tall, tattooed), Gordon (Caucasian, glasses), Benjamin (Caucasian, typical nice guy next door look) and Jeremy (creepy, weird).

OFFICER KARP
Which one of you perverts posted a picture of your dick in an adult chatroom yesterday?

No one speaks up.

OFFICER KARP
It's a violation of your parole, I am within my authority to have that person removed from this house and placed back into the provincial prison system. Somebody better step forward and save me an investigation. Benjamin?

BENJAMIN
(genuinely shocked)
What, I am your first suspect in a dick pic scandal?

OFFICER KARP
Your account is the only one I saw logged onto the house computer last night.

BENJAMIN
I barely even used the computer, everyone kept stealing it. Conrad and Gordon stole it every time I went to the washroom and when I went to make myself a sandwich Andre sat down and started watching a movie on it.

ANDRE
Don't snitch.

BENJAMIN
You watched Braveheart Andre, it was 3 hours long. I was talking to my family.

OFFICER KARP

Where was Jeremy while all this was going on?

BENJAMIN

I don't know. He was skulking around sort of. In the background. I really try to keep as far from him as I can.
Jeremy doesn't react much, something is off in the way he stares at Benjamin. He doesn't say anything.

OFFICER KARP
Conrad, do you have any idea where this picture might have come from?

Conrad is seated to the left of the frame, Andre is seated to the right of him followed by Benjamin and Jeremy. Andre is large in the frame, there's something off about Jeremy; there always is.

CONRAD
No but if the dick's black I can probably guess who's it is.

ANDRE
I know; right? It's not me, if it was me he'd know it was me and we wouldn't be having this meeting.

OFFICER KARP
Andre you can be excused from this meeting.

ANDRE
No I want to find out who did it.

GORDON
Why don't you let me see the picture and I'll tell you who's it is?

CONRAD
What the fuck Gordon?

ANDRE
How do you know what our dicks look like?

GORDON
It can't be that hard to tell our dicks apart. I feel like if I had to I could match a dick to it's face.

BENJAMIN
This conversation's getting a bit weird fellas.

OFFICER KARP
For the sake of the individual's privacy I won't be showing any of you the picture in question. Jeremy you're being awfully quiet.

CONRAD
Don't ruin that.

ANDRE
Don't get Jeremy talking, we don't need him for this.

OFFICER KARP
Jeremy?
Jeremy stands up and pulls his pants down, exposing himself. 
OFFICER KARP
Jesus Jeremy, pull your pants up.

CONRAD
Stop involving him in things.

GORDON
His looked EXACTLY how I thought it would.

OFFICER KARP
Well like it or not unless someone steps forward you're all going to have to drop your pants. Except for Andre and Jeremy.

BENJAMIN

So what; now Jeremy's out too?

OFFICER KARP

Jeremy's penis didn't match the one in the photograph. The picture has to belong to one of you three.
Andre laughs, he's enjoying this.

BENJAMIN
This is a witch hunt!

GORDON
What if I just tell you what my penis looks like, will that help clear my name?
I am about 7 inches long...

CONRAD

Bullshit!

ANDRE

There's no way you're walking around with anything over 6 inches.

GORDON

Why; because I am white?

ANDRE
YES!

BENJAMIN
Well I am about seven inches.

CONRAD
No you're not. Every guy says he's 7 inches if you ask him but do you know how many guys actually are?
Only like a third of all guys.
BENJAMIN
And what are you?

CONRAD
7 inches. That's how I know you two are lying.

ANDRE
(laughing)
All of you are lying.


OFFICER KARP
Andre I don't know why you're laughing like this doesn't effect you. Because of one of these three idiots this house is about to lose online access.

The group is stunned to silence.

GORDON
(in his best Martin Lawrence voice)
Shit just got real.

ANDRE
What was that?

GORDON
No one gets that reference?
Wide shot of everyone. No one gets that reference, Gordon looks crushed.

CONRAD
This is bullshit!

OFFICER KARP
That's what happens when you go showing off your dick on the web Conrad.

CONRAD
I've never shown my dick on the web.

Officer Karp shoots him a look of pure skepticism.

CONRAD
I've never shown my dick on the web using THAT computer.

ANDRE
Why are my rights being taken away because one of those three can't keep his pants on?

OFFICER KARP
Because no one gives a crap about your rights, you're a degenerate in a house full of degenerates. We're not going to trust online access to a house full of perverts.

GORDON
We're perverts? You're trying to get us to pull down our pants!

CONRAD
Yeah; what are you saying here exactly? We all have to pull down our pants and let you leer at us or you'll take away our internet?

OFFICER KARP
LEER AT YOU? I'll be taking a simple photograph of each of you...

GORDON
So you can touch yourself to them later.

OFFICE KARP
SO I can COMPARE those pictures to the one posted illegally on the adult chat room last night.

GORDON
Uh-huh, and you'll be doing this in the shower?

OFFICER KARP
I don't think I like what you're accusing me of Gordon.

GORDON
What I am accusing YOU of? You're accusing me of showing off my dick and then to prove that I didn't do it you're telling me I have to show YOU my dick.

JEREMY
I showed you my dick.

BENJAMIN
Shut up about that. I can't get that image out of my head. 

CONRAD
Stupid sexy Flanders?

ANDRE and BENJAMIN laugh.

BENJAMIN
Yeah.

GORDON
(bitterly)
what, his references you get?

 OFFICER KARP
You're not going to make this easy are you?


BENJAMIN
No.


OFFICER KARP
Fine. If the person who put pictures of his dick on the internet doesn't come clean right now then I am walking out that door and this case is over. I am telling them to take away your internet for good.
1...
2...
3...

ANDRE
Conrad stop being a dick! Just admit you did it.

CONRAD
I didn't!

OFFICER KARP
4...

GORDON
Everyone knows it was you. Stop being so selfish.

CONRAD
F**k you!

OFFICER KARP
5...

BENJAMIN
Look, I'll let you use my computer time if you just admit you did it.

OFFICER KARP
6...

CONRAD
It wasn't me. I wouldn't go showing off on the internet.

OFFICER KARP
7...

Everyone looks very skeptical of that claim.



OFFICER KARP
8...

GORDON
You have shirtless pictures on your facebook.

OFFICER KARP
9...

CONRAD
I don't have dick pictures on my facebook.

 OFFICER KARP
(frustrated)
THAT'S IT!! Either someone admit to it RIGHT NOW, or pull their pants down RIGHT NOW or none of you will ever go online again. I am seriou...oh god!


The camera pans back around to Jeremy standing again with his penis exposed. Everyone groans and covers their eyes. 

BENJAMIN
(hiding his eyes)
Why can't we just say it was Jeremy? I really don't think he'd care.

ANDRE
Jeremy's already crazy, he won't even get in trouble. Besides if anyone should serve additional time it's him. We need to keep him off the streets. 

 GORDON
Yeah, and if you don't want to go along with this I could always just tell your boss that you tried to trick us into taking our clothes off...like we're Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies.
 ...with Arnold Schwarzenegger?
...He tricks her into stripping for him?
...It was a huge blockbuster!

BENJAMIN
I've never heard of it.

GORDON
FUCK you Benjamin!

Jeremy's bare ass is in the foreground, in the background Officer Karp is mulling it over. 

OFFICER KARP
 and you'd be willing to do this Jeremy?

JEREMY
I'd want something in return.

There's a look of concern on Officer Karp's face. 

INT - KITCHEN TABLE/HALLWAY

Something is going on in the hallway, Andre, Gordon, Conrad and Benjamin can't believe what their seeing. They can't believe he's doing it. 

In the hallway Officer Karp has pulled down his pants, Jeremy is about 5 feet away. His face twist in disapproval to what he's seeing.


JEREMY
That's gross.

OFFICER KARP
Then why did you ask me to do it?

JEREMY
So we'd be even.

A flash goes off, Karp doesn't notice.

OFFICER KARP
(pulling up his pants)
Well we're even! Is everyone happy? 

CONRAD
Not really, no.

Gordon is holding his phone, he has a twisted smile as he's looking at it. He's clearly the one who took the picture of Karp just now.

Officer Karp is completely defeated, he gets Jeremy to sign some papers and leaves. The group is left sitting there, jaws agape, in disbelief of how this all played out.

CONRAD
I dodged a BULLET on this one.

Everyone reacts.

EVERYONE
I knew it! You asshole! You're such a dick! F**k you Conrad!


-END-

I am going to continue writing a few more of these House Arrested scripts in the hope of actually getting them filmed. Kind of a long term project.

Next time: A gang of sociopaths and criminals have to catch a tiny mouse.




No comments:

Post a Comment