A story writing blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

TOM WRITES HIS FIRST MOVIE: Yeah, some scenes are bound to be a little boring.

I am not even going to bother doing a write up for this one, nothing happens in this scene, it's a transitional scene that doesn't really do much of anything. Blah. These can't be avoided.

Here's the full script that I am working on.

And now tonight's boring scene...


EXT - ABIGAIL'S HOUSE - FRONT PORCH
 

Abigail is sitting outside on her patio furniture, nervously awaiting Bryce's return. Beside her is her father Richard, neither is speaking. Both are sitting silently, waiting, contemplating. The sound of a car coming up the lonely road leading to her house catches both of their attention. Abigail see's Bryce's truck come into sight, she gets up and walks to the driveway to meet him. Concern is registered on her face.

Bryce pulls into the driveway, he takes a second to collect himself for Abby's sake and exits the vehicle.
 

ABIGAIL
Hey. How did it go? Was he home?

BRYCE
No. Thank god.
 
ABIGAIL
Oh...
 
BRYCE
I left him his things. It's done.
 
ABIGAIL
Ok. That's that, I guess.
 
BRYCE
That's that Abby. I promise.
 
ABIGAIL
Well, lets celebrate! I been in baking mode all morning just to take my mind of things. How does wine and cake sound? Or pie. Or cupcakes. I went a little overboard.
 
BRYCE
Wine sounds about right.

ABIGAIL
I'll set the table.
Thanks again Bryce, you've been amazing.

Bryce smiles back at her, the two hug and Abby heads back inside her house. Richard is sitting on the porch watching. Bryce walks over to him.
 

RICHARD
He wasn't home?
 
BRYCE
No. Lucky.

RICHARD
I guess you didn't need that gun.
 
Bryce doesn't really answer, he just nods off the question and moves to follow Abby into the house before Richard's next question stops him in his tracks.
 

RICHARD
Can I have it back? The gun?
 
BRYCE
I was thinking maybe I should hang onto it.
 
This time Richard doesn't respond. He looks at Bryce quizzically.

BRYCE
Just incase.

Richard nods, giving his approval. Bryce heads into the house. Richard is left on the porch, he sips on his coffee and looks out at the area around the house with watchful the eye of a watchdog.

No comments:

Post a Comment